2018 BC Beer Awards winners
This was the largest year ever! BC Beer Awards received 1085 entries from 109 BC Breweries. The judging took place over 3 days and was performed by a BJPC, Cicerone and Pro Brewers judges from all over North America. Congratulations to all of the winners and thank you to the Sponsors, Judges and Breweries. We recorded the live-stream of the awards presentations and you can watch them on our YouTube channel. Stay tuned for the full edited version coming soon! Check out the event brochure designed by Adam Ball of Factor Creative. More photos here.
Best in Show - presented by bsg canada
Twin City Brewing Company - Late Bloomer
Brewery of the Year - presented by tap & barrel
33 Acres Brewing Company
Legend Award - Presented by Liquify
CBC People's Choice
BREWHALL - Mighty Morphing Sour Rangers
Innovator of the Year - Presented by the downlow chicken shack
Field House Brewing
Brewers Challenge - presented by bc hop co
Yellow Dog Brewing - Alpha Dog (Fresh-hopped)
ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - PRESENTED BY RICHARDS BUELL SUTTON LLP
Sooke Brewing Co
Dan Small Homebrew Award
Jeff Tichbourne - Annie, I'm a Hawk
beer category winners
1. Langford Lager, Axe & Barrel Brewing Co.
2. Rye Lager, Steel & Oak Brewing Co.
3. Bomber Pilsner, Bomber Brewing
Pale German Beer
1. Klutz, Brassneck Brewery
2. 311 Helles Lager, Coal Harbour Brewing Co.
3. The Highway: Lager, Silver Valley Brewing Co.
1. Hüftgold, Four Winds Brewing Co.
2. German Pilsner, Sooke Brewing Co.
3. Post Ride Pilsner, LoveShack Libations
Amber German Beer
1. Steamworks Winter Lager, Steamworks Brewing Co.
2. Vienna Lager, Sooke Brewing Co.
3. Marzen, Steel & Oak Brewing Co.
Dark & Strong European Beer
1. Bear Beach Baltic Porter, Sooke Oceanside Brewery
2. Dissimulator, Twin City Brewing Company
3. Black Lager, Spinnakers Brewpub
German Wheat Beer
1. Sundown Hefeweizen, Sundown Brewing Company Ltd
2. 50/50 Hefe, KPU Brewing | Kwantlen Polytechnic University
3. Wiffen Wizen, Sooke Oceanside Brewery
UK Pale Ale
1. 33 Acres of Nirvana, 33 Acres Brewing Co.
2. Adrift Blonde Ale, Britannia Brewing Co.
3. Baldwin and Cooper, Howe Sound Brewing
UK Brown Ale
1. Renfrew Red Ale, Sooke Oceanside Brewery
2. Humble Hive Brown Ale, East Vancouver Brewing Co.
3. Ashore Porter, Britannia Brewing Co.
1. Oatmeal Stout, Luppolo Brewing Company
2. 52 Foot Stout, Barkerville Brewing Co.
3. Diamond Head, Howe Sound Brewing
1. Hellroaring Scottish, Fisher Peak Brewing Company
2. Woolly Bugger, Howe Sound Brewing
3. Barleywine, Sooke Brewing Co.
1. Emerald Lake Lime Sour, A-FRAME Brewing Company
2. Steamworks Frambozen, Steamworks Brewing Co.
3. Quayside, Steel & Oak Brewing Co.
Specialty Fruit Beer
1. Late Bloomer, Twin City Brewing Company
2. Raspberry Fields, Sundown Brewing Company Ltd
3. Blueberry Blast Kettle Sour, Dead Frog Brewery
1. Spruce Tip IPA, R&B Brewing
2. 250 London Fog Ale, Faculty Brewing
3. Beet Buck, Mayne Island Brewing Company
Smoke & Wood Aged Beer
1. Clayburn Smoked Scotch Ale, Ravens Brewing
2. Rum Barrel Aged Imperial Con Leche, Twin Sails Brewing
3. Parting Kiss Bourbon Barrel Ale, Twa Dogs Brewery
1. Little Red One, Strange Fellows Brewing
2. 323 Sourweisse, Faculty Brewing
3. Sunrise Gose, Coal Harbour Brewing Co.
1. Launch Pad Belgian-Inspired Rye Ale, Whitetooth Brewing Company Ltd.
2. Semi-Formal - Brut Pale Ale, Bridge Brewing Company
3. Skittlebrau, Main Street Brewing
North American Light Beer
1. Hooligan, Nelson Brewing Co.
2. Islander Lager, Vancouver Island Brewing
3. Jerkface 9000, Parallel 49 Brewing
North American Blonde Ale
1. East Van Smash For Bash, Bomber Brewing
2. Sundown Blonde, Sundown Brewing Company Ltd
3. Golden Ale, Ravens Brewing
North American Pale Ale
1. Suck It Trebek, Backcountry Brewing
2. Outdoorsy, Steel & Oak Brewing Co.
3. Chase My Tail Pale Ale, Yellow Dog Brewing
North American Amber & Brown Ale
1. Steamworks Heroica Red Ale, Steamworks Brewing Co.
2. Side Project Amber Lager, Category 12 Brewing
3. James Brown Ale, Monkey 9 Brewing Co.
North American Porter & Stout
1. Truth, Dare, Consequence Nordic Imperial Stout, Whitetooth Brewing Company Ltd.
2. Gladstone Brewing Porter, Gladstone Brewing Company
3. 2018 Commander Imperial Stout, Dead Frog Brewery
North American IPA
1. Tail Slap IPA, Three Ranges Brewing Company
2. Jagged Face, Mount Arrowsmith Brewing Company
3. West Shore IPA, Axe & Barrel Brewing Co.
1. 33 Acres Of Echo, 33 Acres Brewing Co.
2. Obsidian Dagger IPA Noire, Dead Frog Brewery
3. Magical Musicians & Musical Magicians, Fuggles & Warlock Craftworks
1. Orange Slices, Twin Sails Brewing
2. Juice Plus, Twin Sails Brewing
3. Single Whammy, Twin Sails Brewing
1. Red Racer Imperial IPA, Central City Brewers & Distillers
2. Spaghetti Western-Ish DIPA, Coal Harbour Brewing Co.
3. Just the Hits, Boombox Brewing
1. Jongleur, Strange Fellows Brewing
2. Take A Walk Witbier, Yellow Dog Brewing
3. 33 Acres of Sunshine, 33 Acres Brewing Co.
1. West Coast Farmhouse Saison, Granville Island Brewing
2. Mistress of My Soul Saison, Twa Dogs Brewery
3. Russell Belgian Saison, Russell Brewing
Strong Belgian Ale
1. Brune, Dageraad Brewing
2. Belgian Blond, Sooke Brewing Co.
3. Antwerpen, Dageraad Brewing
1. Boomer Wild Ale, Iron Road Brewing
2. New World Sour, Luppolo Brewing Company
3. Multi Malt, Steel & Oak Brewing Co.
Specialty Wild Ale
1. Mistral, Strange Fellows Brewing
2. Vanishing Act, Twin City Brewing Company
3. Late Bloomer, Parallel 49 Brewing